Penne With Meat Sauce (Penne Al Ragu)
- 1 packet MITSIDES Penne
- 1 onion, 1 carrot
- 1 celery stalk
- ½ bunch of parley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 25 gr. butter
- 200 gr. minced beef
- ½ glass red wine
- 50 gr. ham
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tin MITSIDES chopped peeled tomatoes (400 g)
- salt, freshly ground pepper
- Finely chop onion, carrot, celery and parsley. Cut ham in cubes.
- Heat oil with 1 tablespoon butter and lightly brown vegetables and half the parsley. Add mincemeat, wine, ham and bay leaf and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Strain tomatoes, add to mincemeat and season with salt. Simmer gently while covered for 50 minutes stirring frequently.
- As soon as the sauce is ready, add remaining parsley, butter and season with pepper.
- Meanwhile, boil penne for 8-10 minutes, strain, place in bowl and cover with sauce.