Penne With Broccoli And Cheese Bake
- 1 packet MITSIDES Penne
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 300g broccoli, cut in florets
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 teaspoon French mustard
- 200g fresh cream
- 100g mix of mature cheddar and gruyere cheese
- Small handful of chopped parsley leaves
- 4 tablespoons fresh white breadcrumbs
- ½ teaspoon dried mixed herbs or thyme
- In a large pan, boil the pasta and onion in plenty of salted water for about 7 minutes. Then add the brocolli and cook for another 3 minutes. Reserve about half a litre of water and drain the pasta and vegetables.
- Return the reserved water to the pan and add the vegetable stock, whish in the mustard and fresh cream. Add salt and pepper and bring to the boil.
- Stir in the drained pasta and vegetables and half the cheese, mixing until melted.
- Add the parsley and stir.
- Heat the grill for 3 minutes. Pour the pasta and vegetables into a shallow ovenproof dish.
- In a bowl mix together the remaining cheese, breadcrumbs and herbs and scatter on top of pasta.
- Place dish in the grill for about 3 minutes until the cheese turns slightly golden and crispy.
- Remove and leave to stand for about 5 minutes before serving.