Minced pork preparation
1. Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan and gently fry the carrot for 1 minute. Add the celery, followed by the onion and continue to fry for 2 more minutes in medium heat.
2. Turn up the heat and add the minced pork to the pan, little by little. Fry for 2-3 minutes and add the 1st passata pack, with salt, pepper and a glass of hot water. Add some more olive oil and 2 sprigs of basil.Lower the heat and simmer for about half an hour.
In another small pot, pour the 2nd passata pack. Add 250 ml hot water, some olive oil, salt, pepper and a sprig of basil and stir. Simmer for approx. 15 minutes.
Laying the lasagne into the baking dish
1. Oil a large baking dish with some olive oil.
2. Take one tablespoon from the tomato sauce and spread it over the dish.
3. Then lay the first layer of lasagne, using 6 lasagne sheets for each layer, 4 vertically and 2 horizontally. Add some minced meat and mozzarella cubes on top.
4. Then lay the next layer of lasagne sheets, placing them at the opposite direction of the first layer. Top with some more minced meat and mozzarella cubes and follow with the third layer of lasagne.
5. Top with the remaining minced meat and mozzarella cubes and then place the last layer of lasagne. Pour over the remaining tomato sauce, until the sauce almost reaches the last layer of lasagne.
6. Cover with a layer of mozzarella slices and the cherry tomatoes cut in halves. Finish with grated parmesan cheese and some more olive oil.
7. Cook in the oven for about 30 minutes at 180° C.