Butter Cake with cream and strawberries
- 160g (2/3 cups) Butter
- 280g (2 ¾ cups) Icing Sugar (Confectioner’s sugar)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/5 litre (3/4 cup) milk
- 2 pinches of vanilla
- 13g (2 tablespoons) orange peel
- 370g (3 cups) Mitsides Self -Raising Flour
- 1/3 tablespoon Baking powder
- 1 can whipped cream
- 1500g strawberries, cut in half
- Preheat your over at 170°C/ 340°F.
- Mix the eggs with sugar until the mix becomes foamy.
- Slowly add the milk and eggs and continue mixing.
- Add vanilla, orange peel, flour and baking powder and continue mixing until all ingredients blend in.
- Pour the mix in a cake tin and place the dish in the oven for about 45 minutes.
- Serve cake pieces with whipped cream and strawberries.